Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Il Pasticcio. Italian Restaurant. Brussels

Summer holidays are still on our minds when we realise that Christmas holidays are just around the corner. Winter and its shorter and darker days seemed that suddenly arrived, and our busy daily life does not give us a break. Too much things to do, too much things we would like to do. Time just goes by too fast.

After being really busy these days preparing everything I want to do ( and I have to do) before Christmas holidays, I could find a little break and try a new restaurant in Brussels.
I have to say I loved it. It is an Italian restaurant, and, although we are truly used to find Italian restaurants everywhere, this one really surprised me.

I did not know the existence of this restaurant, but apparently it is really popular, (judging how crowded it was) and now I know why. You must book a table if you want to have dinner there, as it is only opened on Wednesdays and Fridays for dinner (and Monday till Friday at lunch time; sat & sun closed).

The aperitivo offered, and the high quality of the food, which is recognised by several Italian expats who were enjoying the dinner ( this is always a good sign), made me feel like if I was in the in a small village in Tuscany.  The menu card does not consist of several dishes: antipasto, pasta, and some fish and meat dishes, but they also have a suggestions card every day with, more or less three different pasta dishes (they even give you the chance to get a " misto di pasta" and try them all), and other dishes of the day that respect the truly traditional Italian food. The 100% Italian atmosphere, the kind service and the impressive pasta dishes, make of this restaurant one "must" in Brussels.

The restaurant is called Il Pasticcio and it is really closed to the European Parliament and the lively Place Luxembourg

If you are visiting Brussels or just still discovering this city, do not doubt to go!

Buon appetito!



No comments:

Post a Comment