Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Cornelissen & Son. Art Shop. London


Today I feel really nostalgic. Probably it is due to the place where I am living now, where the sky usually is painted by this colour.
I have to say that I have always liked "grey" as the colour ( and the weather) that makes you feel nostalgic, and, suddenly,  everything has this melancholic atmosphere that I find so interesting and inspiring.The main reason I started writing this blog is the wish of sharing little places, shops, cafes, food and other different things that I have recently ( and not so recently) discovered, and thousands of places I still have to see and would like to share with you, if there is someone on the other side. I have studied all my life in order to keep and conserve cultural heritage, old, and, usually, unuseful objects, artworks, buildings, old professions, and for this,and because I am a proud lover of handicraft production, I want to share all this with you.
 
There are always places that make our lives just nicer and that remind us smells and colours that seemed forgotten. And nowadays, in
IKEA times ( I must say I love IKEA
) when you do not know who makes what because everything is involved in a big consumption chain and at the end, you have the product in your hands without having any contact with its creator, we have to support the authenticity of small and charming places. When you go to these places, you just feel good, just better. You can experience buying a product that has been hand-made by the same person who is selling you, or at least that has been carefully selected.
 
For this reason, I wanted to show you today, a shop that keeps its charming and when you go inside, you discover an unknown ( or well known) world. Different kind of paintings, canvas, watercolors, leather notebooks, among others, can be found in this shop. But not only this, it is a shop where you can spend hours (all above if you are a lover of these products) because everything is carefully placed and selected and it still keeps the style of the old 19th century shop. 

If you go to London, do not hesitate to pass by this shop called Cornelissen & Son, really close to The British Museum, it will surprise you. 







No comments:

Post a Comment